Friday, April 2, 2010

The Easter Dress

Welcome to the world of PINK!

Pink and sparkles, sparkles and pink. Its a princess fantasy, if you happen to be a 5 year old. And yes, my 5 year old picked it out. LOL

The dress was actually not that difficult to put together. It was my 1st zipper and while I did cheat slightly by using a shorter zipper and not having it go into the skirt portion, I think it went quite well.

I used Butterick B3351 Children's/Girls Jacket and Dress



Main fabric is pink with a silver glitter to it (sorry still don't know my fabric types yet) and the skirt has a sheer overlay which had silver "gems" in it. The gems were a PITA. Every time the needle hit one the fabric would jump either left or right.

The jacket was an afterthought. I had no plans on making it, but found myself with enough leftover fabric and was looking for a distraction before I attempted the zipper.

The most difficult part of this entire dress was adjusting the length. I fudged the cutting of the skirt and literally had about 15" I had to remove. I kept measuring Ally, then the dress, then Ally, then the dress. Finally I took the plunge, grabbed the scissors and hacked away. Not too bad. Hit her right at the ankle. Of course the shoes we bought (pink and sparkly OF COURSE!) hurt her, so she spent the day in her pink cowboy boots. LOL No pics of her in it as she's been camera shy lately.

Easter Dress

Easter Dress

No comments:

Post a Comment