Monday, June 6, 2011

Embroidery 101: Stitch and Quilt Along - Cutting

Phew - I suddenly remember why I choose sewing clothes over quilting. I'm not a fan of taking a gigantic rectangle of fabric, cutting in to a bazillion smaller pieces, just to sew it all back together! LOL

I pushed through though. Tomorrow I'm going have to try and bang out piecing everything. Its suppose to get H-O-T here by Thursday (97+) and we stole the AC that normally goes in my sewing room for our bedroom. If I don't get it pieced tomorrow it might have to get put on hold for a while (at least until the weekend when I can try and get a new unit for this room).

I had 1 major issue cutting the fat quarters...Apparently JoAnn's fat quarters aren't very generous. Or hey, even 18", but who's measuring? Oh, right - me! I needed 18 USABLE inches out of each fat quarter. NOT HAPPENING with the ones I bought. Case in point:


fabric looks really wrinkled but pinkie swear it is flat on the cutting table


If you notice - the fabric does not make 18" and this wasn't even the worst of the lot, just a general idea of what all of them were like. Once I got it on grain (were the people drinking when they cut these?!!) I was left with maybe 17.5" of usable fabric - so it was 2 fat quarters per print for me!!

Well without further ado - here's the fabric cut into pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment